It’s My Birthday!
Okay, I could have probably thought of a better intro than that but hey – it’s my birthday! Today I am 27 years old. 27. I know, I know I’m not old yet but it is more on the side of 30 than 26 was. I thought it would be fun to put together 27 things I’ve learned in 27 years – you know for my 27th birthday of course.
27 Things I’ve Learned in 27 Years
1. Travel as often as you can.
2. Apologize only when you mean it.
3. Spend time with your family.
4. Never say no to a free meal.
5. Always say I love you before you hang up the phone.
6. Nothing good happens after midnight.
7. Take a mental health day when you need it.
8. Buy flowers for yourself.
9. Don’t be scared to be the first one on the dance floor.
10. It’s okay to cry for no reason.
11. It’s also okay to drink an entire bottle of wine while watching Netflix.
12. Your mom will become one of your best friends.
13. Put yourself first.
14. Everyone has a chance at love.
15. Learn how to cook even if it’s boxed mac and cheese.
16. Laughter is the best medicine.
17. True friends become family.
18. Don’t stress out about the little things.
19. Try something new.
20. Your mom was right about so many things.
21. One day your skills will come in handy when you least expect it.
22. Never drive someone’s brand new vehicle.
23. You can become whatever you want to be.
24. Your heart will heal and the scars start to fade.
25. If you come across a mechanical bull, ride it.
26. Don’t ever let money hold you back.
27. Forgive, forget and have fun.
27 is going to be a great year
There you have it, 27 things I’ve learned in 27 years – in no particular order. All of these things have made me who I am today in one way or another. I can’t wait to see what 27 brings!